Friday, March 27

Jello on springs


Comment
I will spare you the details of my Florida trip this past week and will just share with you the highlights.

1.) In St. Augustine (east coast of Florida; oldest town in the nation) theres this huge, wooden play structure, akin to the beaut at OES. Its got tacky, children's art, yes, but when you put that aside its fantastic! My favorite part was that as I was exploring the second story to this monstrous playground I came across a huge hole that lead to the bottom story. I peered down it and it lead to a tire swing below! The hole was human-sized so I ventured a descent. I struggled for a bout a minute trying to decide how to best go down easily without hurting myself but Bony-M just kept yelling at me to hurry up so I just squirmed quickly down only to find a camera directed at me which captured perfectly my pure joy of accomplishment.
2.) While touring St. Augustine's little alleyways we found a chocolate shop called "Claude's Chocolates" and what can I say besides delicious? Mom bought us soft-serve, half & half cones that made my day. They also sell chocolate-covered cheerios! Bizarre I know.


3.)This is somewhat of a highlight because when I say highlight I mean its something I definitely won't forget, but not for a good reason. While descending into Georgia airpot on our way to Florida my ear wouldn't pop on my right side like it would on the left. Which then turned into a head ache...JUSt on my right half of my head, which then turned very painful, and then a molar on the right-side of my mouth started throbbing with pain, until I was full-on in fetal position in my airplane chair crying while still putting pressure on my head. Thank goodness it was mom sitting next to me unlike the flight back where I was between two strangers. That was awful. It didn't happen during take-off, just before landing. So we went to one of the airport's little stores and bought some sinus congestion medication. I took two before getting on the next flight to Tampa but was upset when upon landing a second time it still hurt slightly. Painful and disturbing still. So I made a mental note to take more next time. The flights home I took two an hour before the flight, and another two an hour before the flight landed. Worked like a charm, with absolutely no pain.

On another note, since I haven't posted in a long time because of lack of computer capabilities, I've been studying for my Driver's permit. I need it for six months before I can get my license so after some quick calculations I realized It was less than six months until my sixteenth birthday! How scandalous. So I decided I wanted to get this over with asap. I've taken the test twice already, failing each time ever so slightly. Last time I was one question away from passing. You need 28/35 to pass and I only got 27. The tactic I've most commonly been told is to skip any of the questions you dont know for sure because if you can get to 28 without any wrong you automatically pass. So I tried that my second time and it worked better, only I came back to the questions I'd skipped at the end of the test! I had skipped eight, so all I needed was to get one of my skipped questions right and I'd be done! I went through all of them and missed them all at the very end. I'd skipped them for a reason, because they were hard to understand or badly worded, and it showed in the end. I'm going back tomorrow though and I've been practicing!
My favorite thing was last time I went, Mom and I were waiting in line (I always heard jokes about those lines at the DMV and now I know what they were all talking about!) and as I was talking to myself aloud from the book, Mom takes the book from me, skims through it, and says " Yep. That was illegal alright." and hands the book back to me. I asked her what she was talking about and she's all "I made an illegal turn and Dad was in the front seat telling me it was illegal but I didn't believe him cause I do it all the time. I guess he was right."

3 comments:

Genuine Draft said...

Sorry about your ears. That happens to me when I fly and it's the most painful thing ever. The worst part is that no one else knew what I was talking about when it first happened -everyone kept offering me gum and I wanted to claw my ears off.

Marcene said...

a 4 1/2 month hiatus! If I hadn't seen you this past week I'd have thought you dead! That playground was AWESOME!!! When I grow up I want one of those in my backyard. Plus it was way cooler that OES

Audrey said...

what kind of illegal turn did mom make? now I'm curious.