Sunday, March 29

Urabus


Yesterday I went into the DMV for my third try at getting my driver's permit and it was stressful at first. The guy, upon walking in, told me to throw away my can of Yoo-Hoo...quite an upsetting way to begin a test. But I recovered once I got up to the counter and the bald man taking my paperwork told me that I had a glint in my eye that told him I was gonna pass this time. Im glad somebody believed in me because Mom sure as heck didnt. The last time I came she kept saying "Well if you fail I'll bring you back next week." I didn't wanna hear that! So I kindly said "Mom quit saying the F word it's freaking me out!"
She told me to stop saying it like that so I just told her I would if she'd stop making me have to. I blame that on the reason I failed last time. But with the confidence from the bald man and the absence of the F word, I passed.
It took a long time because we go there late and all the booths were full, so they handed me packet/pencil test to do. I had taken the computer test twice and knew almost all the questions on it that repeated, I was sadly disappointed to see almost no repeats on the packet. Crap.
So I did the best that I could and went back through and changed about four of my answers at the end, and then left it in the wire basket for them to grade. I was allowed to go back and sit down so I checked my book to see if my corrections were really coprrections after all. Two of the only ones I remembered precisely were both wrong moves when I checked. Crap crap crap crap. But when she called me over after grading it I passed anyways! So i waited and got my picture taken and all other manor of exciting paperwork. My signature's crap though. Those little computer thingys that you write on? Yeah they slant your writing and I had to do it three times. The first time it didnt fit, the second time I "cut off my H" (but really I spelled my name wrong...shhhhhh.), and the third time it was still crap but I think she got tired of me so we went on to taking pictures. My bangs were bothering her, my smile was too big, and I needed to keep my chin down is what she told me. Finally we agreed on one and it's fine.
My plastic one gets mailed to me this month! Right now I've been driving around different neighborhoods with my paper one in my purse behind my chair. Dad took me out for about twenty minutes and tonight I needed to drop some stuff by the DI trailer in the church parking lot. So I asked mom if I could practice my parking, and man is she a spaz! I'm not very good but man was she cranky! I always forget to check behind me before I pull out but it was an empty parking lot. so I began treating it like a full parking lot of cars but nothing satisfied her.
More driving stories, I'm sure, to come!

3 comments:

Genuine Draft said...

It's always best to practice with someone besides mom and dad if at all possible. Mom clenches arm-rests and Dad hits things. And by things I mean Freyja.

Audrey said...

I'm pretty sure that mom's nerves are shot after teaching seven other children to drive. But at least she isn't teaching you to drive stick. Oh- congrats on finally passing the test though!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, being the last to learn in my family...my Mom would just scream and not explain anything...and Dad would just shake his head and act like I should already know everything about driving...I am glad I took driver's ed, Nate helped me learn stick, get Haley to take you.