Thursday, November 19

_a_ _ e t b a l l. Casketball?


Beginning this school year I decided to play racquetball with some of my mormon friends and man has it been really fun. There's a school bus that drops off kids a little ways away from the YMCA so we just get off at some apartments and walk the short distance to where we practice. I had to pay quite a bit for the Jersey, various memberships, and other ridiculous fees but it was worth it. Our first league match is this saturday but I wasn't extremely excited because they've divided all the players into different teams and I only know three of the people on my team. Luckily though, the one other team from BHS that's competing there too is the one other team with all my friends. So we'll be spending most of saturday at the MAC playing round robin single matches and determining our bracket level. The coach says I have potential and am a good runner, capable of running cross court to get to the ball, but I'm weak on my hitting accuracy, so he makes me play with seniors to make me better. Strangely though I won't get too far into a practice before my right arm kills me with pain. I lose almost all my strength in it and it makes it harder to hit with it. Last night I woke up a little after midnight with shooting pains going up and down my right arm. Oh it hurt so bad, but somehow I managed to fall asleep and wake up at 3am to have it happen again, and this time I didn't fall asleep so I took some pain killers and fell asleep. It was so awful and tiring I slept in and didn't go to school today. Instead I knitted some, cleaned the house, showered, baked some brownies, and did the dishes. If I don't do something productive at almost all times I feel guilty.
Anyways, league match Saturday so hopefully that will go well. If my arm starts to kill me again I won't know what to do. I'll be there for about five hours.

1 comment:

Patty Fingers said...

i will make it to a match....I promise.