Sunday, November 29


I had my first rball league match on saturday a week ago, and it was amazing. I was really, really nervous at first and lost my first split-n-go match against a girl from la salle, which placed me in the losers bracket with around five or six other girls, but I don't think I'd have gotten very far in the winners bracket anyways. So I was at the MAC from 10-3pm but time flew like none other. They told us we'd be bored and want a heavy lunch so I was freaking out, but I hardly touched my lunch I was so busy the entire time! Anyways, I lost my first two matches before Dad decided to leave for some reason, can't remember why, and as soon as he left I won my first match. Then I won the next two! Dad+Presence= Bad Luck. So I ended up winning three out of my total six which I think is pretty good for my first year ever playing. What I've noticed is that the serve can determine a winner. Some of these girls are crappy runners and hitters but since they've perfected their serves they will win. I never really focused on my serve, I've done it the same as day one and apparently it's pretty good. I won my first match 11-0 because she couldn't return like 80% of my serves to the corner. It isn't fast or all that accurate but it kills some people.
P.S. I was thinking about a warning label today, you know how things commonly say "Keep away from open flame"? Well....shouldn't you be more concerned with concealed flames? Because then it's less expected!

No comments: