Sunday, August 8



Even though my life isn't all too exciting, I might as well update for those people who don't see me everyday.
Now that Fletcher is gone it's just Haley and me with the 'rents. Haley is leaving for school at the end of this month, so then it'll officially just be me left. People keep asking me about how i 'feeeeel' now that Fletcher's gone....but he never talked much in the first place, so it doesn't 'feeeel' much different, like at all.
It's almost back to school for me in september, I'll be a senior. I know strange right? I just turned seventeen! When I was young I remember my older sisters being seventeen and thinking they were adults, with thighs! Now I'm seventeen and I feel young and kinda scrawny. Maybe I'll get thighs later into my seventeenth year.
For my birthday my friend Spudge threw me a surprise swim party. It was tons of fun, and I have never had so many consecutive chicken fights in my life! Complete with friends, a pool, cupcakes, and presents. I got a hammock from LCl and now I need to find a time and place to put it up.
Work at the salon has been good. I've been working there since spring break, and just within the past two months they hired a second girl to split my hours so my paycheck is sadly about a $100 less than it was before, but I don't really mind since I get much more free time. I used to work basically everyday, and my friends complained they never saw me. Now I only work two or three days max per week.
I mainly answer phones, greet people, bring them water, alert the stylists of their time shifts and problems. I haven't made any major mistakes yet because I'm very careful to ask for help scheduling anything that may even cause the slightest problem to the stylists. I think they prefer you ask them for help rather than being surprised the day of work when they need to 'adjust.'
Other than that I'm pretty lazy most days. I got my top braces off in July, and I get the bottom braces off on the 25th. My abnormally small teeth that I had next to my front teeth were what I like to call 'corn-dogged.' They filled in the gaps on either side with 'bony material' and now they're regular sized and I got a new retainer. I call it corn-dogged because the original tooth is there, but the new stuff was put around it...kinda like how the corn meal is deep fried around the hot dog.
So with that out of the way, I need to get my senior picture taken. I think Haley wants to do it with her fancy Nikon. Although I always imagined Audrey would be the person to go to.
Anyway, that's all I've been up to. If I've forgotten anything just let me know.

3 comments:

Marcene said...

believe me there is no rush to getting thighs, hold out as long as you can.

Audrey said...

What thighs? I don't have thighs! And if it's not too late, I can take your pictures when I come to Portland in January. Or you can always come visit me in OK.

Patty Fingers said...

Thighs? I have no idea where this is all coming from.