Sunday, September 21

Mothers Dead Upset



In continuance with my boring life....the school, sadly, is still in tact. I'd say my favorite classes are Theatre and Seminary. Least favorite? Definitely Chemistry II, and Lit & Comp. I don't hate Lit & Comp because I hate books/ writing, but it smells funny in the classroom, it's right after lunch, and for some odd reason I become severely sleepy part way through it. No joke, I could fall asleep very easily and usually close my eyes when she reads out loud. I'm hoping to do Honors in that class so maybe I can keep busy with work instead of sleeping.
I really think that Honors may just give me excess books and packets, but I like books so it's all good. The only thing that bugs me almost more than anything else in the world, though, is "hidden symbolism." With a fiery passion sometimes I just want yell " The author meant what he said and said what he meant! There IS NO hidden symbolism!! GAAAAAHHHH!!!!"
But that would make my essays less convincing than they already are when we have to write five page essays about hidden symbolism and what the author is trying to portray. I already stretch enough crap into my essays. I never mean anything I say when I write essays. Especially about books. Maybe I'll hide symbolism in my essays that the teacher won't get and then show her what it feels like. Then assign her to drag on and on about how clever I am and that my essay has a "Christ" figure or something else.

2 comments:

Tabitha's Mama said...

You're such a silly girl. Looking for symbolism, you thought "Mary, Mary" came from "The Secret Garden". You are partly correct: it is in "The Secret Garden", but it's actually an old nursery rhyme that is used in the book. Talk to me and I'll tell you the whole rhyme... and even the symbolism!

Patty Fingers said...

Dad loves symbolism--I wonder where you get all this hate from?